The E-2 visa is a temporary and non-immigrant visa that allows foreign entrepreneurs from certain treaty countries to enter the United States and operate a business. To qualify for an E-2 visa, the applicant must invest a substantial amount of capital in any enterprise in the U.S. The investment which applicant is doing they must have at least 50% ownership of the enterprise. If you are interested to invest in Business for E2 Visa, here are 10 lucrative businesses you can invest in to get this type of visa that attracts small and medium entrepreneurs.
Here are some businesses that could potentially qualify for an E-2 visa:
- Franchise Businesses: Investing in a well-established franchise with a proven business model can be a good option for an E-2 visa.
- Retail Businesses: Opening a retail store, such as a boutique, convenience store, or electronics store, could qualify for an E-2 visa. If you are wondering what to sell, the answers may be many.
- Restaurant/Café: Starting a restaurant, café, or bakery can be a viable option. Food businesses are popular and can be successful if they offer unique cuisine or have a strong value proposition. Food companies tend to thrive anywhere in the world and the United States is no exception. Restaurants, bakeries, franchises, cafes, and bars are just some of the options you can choose from.
- Service Businesses: Businesses providing services like consulting, marketing, IT services, healthcare services, cleaning or education can qualify for an E-2 visa. These businesses often have lower overhead costs compared to retail or manufacturing businesses.
- Manufacturing Businesses: Setting up a manufacturing business, especially one that produces unique or specialized products, could qualify for an E-2 visa. Manufacturing businesses often require a significant investment in equipment and facilities.
- Tourism/Hospitality Businesses: If you have experience in hotel services or tourism, you can make a living from this in the US. It is one of the profitable businesses you can open your own hotel, set up a hostel or a travel agency. Establishing a hotel, bed and breakfast, tour agency, or any other tourism-related business in an area with high tourist traffic can be a suitable option
- Education: If you wish to invest in this sector, we recommend investigating the needs of the residents where education services will be established in the United States, as the type of institution may vary depending on the age of the students and their interests. Some ideas to be developed in the educational area are kindergartens, preschools, language schools, institutes or training programs.
- Technology Startups: Technology-based businesses, such as software development firms, app development companies, or tech consulting services, can qualify for an E-2 visa.
- Import/Export Businesses: Creating a business focused on importing or exporting goods between the U.S. and the investor’s home country can qualify for an E-2 visa.
- Construction: To qualify for E2 Visa you can start a construction business but this business required substantial investment to start business smoothly.
Before investing in any business make sure the business you are selecting must meet the requirements with E-2 visa. Additionally, the investment amount required for an E-2 visa can vary based on the type of business and other factors, so it’s crucial to have a clear understanding of the financial obligations involved. It is important to know that to apply for E2, it is not enough to acquire a business location, but you must show that you will have an active and real business.