Startup Business Bureau is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- People who visit our site.
- People who subscribe for any services or information on our website.
- Partners, affiliates, agents and anybody who works with us to provide the services mentioned on our website
This policy does not apply to any public area or third-party area of our Site or services. In the event you submit personal information to contact another member of the Marketplace, contact a seller about a Listing, create a listing, add a contact on a Listing, or post on our Site, such information becomes publicly available and we are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit to these services, forums, listings, or persons.
This Privacy Notice sets out how Startup Business Bureau (hereinafter referred to as “Startup Business Bureau” or “We”) processes data, whether on individuals (including personal data in respect of individuals who are clients, prospective clients, intermediaries or other third parties that Startup Business Bureau interacts with, or any individual who is connected to those parties) or otherwise. Where the data held are on individuals, this document also sets out the rights of those individuals in respect of that personal data.
This Privacy Notice has been prepared in accordance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
WHO WE ARE
We are one of the leading business consultancy and brokerage firm and marketplace based in Virginia – USA.
Company Registered Name: Startup Business Bureau
Website Address: www.startupbusinessbureau.com
Our main office is located in Startup Business Bureau, Coppermine Road, Herndon, VA, USA.
We strive to protect personal data and apply high standards of conduct when it comes to privacy issues. We ensure that our employees / associates are provided with the appropriate training in order to handle personal data promptly and in accordance with the laws. Furthermore, we endeavor to ensure that any parties with whom we co-operate apply the same high standards when it comes to data protection and privacy as We do. We ensure to be equipped with highest level of professional etiquettes & code of ethics to maintain Client’s Data Privacy.
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you visit one of our offices, our internet website(s), our social media pages, our online / media advertising channels or our representatives in various exhibitions, events or seminars or when you call / e-mail us; we may ask you to provide us with certain information so that we can communicate with you about our products and services and can address your enquiries with full commitment and professionalism. You are not obliged to provide us with such information, but if you choose not to, you may miss out on market updates, news, events and special offers and certain services may not be available to you.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you.
The personal information we will ask you to provide is the following:
- Full Name
- Country of Residence
- Contact Number
- Ethnic Group
- Family Details
- Work Related Information
When you visit our Site, make any searches, enquiries, or anything of such nature, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream.
- products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the Site.
When anybody leaves reviews, or testimonials about us on our website, we may collect your information as well and use the same to post on our website or any other media, along with your name and personal details as well.
Our website is a public plat form, you should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us.
All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
HOW WE USE IT
Here at Startup Business Bureau we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information in accordance with our Personal Data Protection Policy, in order to communicate with you about our services, ensure the continuous supply of the services and to improve the quality of our services.
The purposes for which we collect your personal information are as follows;
- To investigate and follow up on any comments, inquiries and complaints you may have and to resolve any disputes and problems which may have arisen with respect to the use of our services.
- To obtain feedback from you that will help us to improve and/ or further the provision of our facilities and services.
- To communicate with you about our services that may be of interest to you.
- To communicate with you about products and/or services of our affiliates that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you about promotional events, special offers, etc.
- To update you with our latest marketing and advertising campaigns.
- To contact you or approach you with promotional campaigns or marketing via email, SMS, calls, social media or any other applicable medium or resources.
- To enable us to perform our obligations towards you.
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we may be subject.
- Any other purpose specifically requested and/or agreed by you.
HOW LONG WE KEEP IT
Your information will be kept only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. After the applicable retention period, your personal data will be irreversibly destroyed unless destruction is prohibited for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
Any personal data held by us for marketing and service update notifications will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. Please refer to our Data Retention Policy for more information on our personal data retention schedule.
Any requests for further information in relation to the continued processing of specific data and requests for destruction of data should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Startup Business Bureau keeps this Privacy Notice under review in order to ensure that it is in line with any changes to the laws relating to privacy and personal data. Any updates will be communicated to you promptly and shall also appear on the Firm’s website at www.startupbusinessbureau.com
Should you believe that any personal information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted by contacting us through our website.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact Startup Business Bureau Data Projection Officer at email@example.com or in writing at given address. We will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection.